GeoProgress Global Forum on “FOOD, GEOGRAPHY AND SECURITY POLICIES”
TORINO, 3-4 May 2016
Aula Magna at Rectorate of the University of Torino , Via Verdi 8 – Torino
The “Geoprogress Global Forum (GGF)” is an international conference promoted by the Geoprogress association, a non-profit organisation founded by Italian academics out of various disciplines and universities. Its goal is to contribute to the progress of humanity, namely to build a better world, and enhance peace and well-being, interdependence between nations, emancipation from starvation and other humiliating deprivations
The initiative is a valuable occasion for focusing on problems, policies and management of territory development, from local to global scale, and for debating action proposals. It is open to scientists, experts, politicians and anyone around the World who wants to contribute to overcome the above problems. Furthermore the Forum would contribute to initiate a people global network with the same world concept and intentions and therefore help to urge the international policies of their States in the same direction.
In 2016, the forum aims to discuss in detail the strategies of food security for humanity and put forward new policies and regulations, nationally and internationally, starting from a deep analysis of current food geography which involves great differences in nutrition problems in different territories and requires different solutions and overall a new relaunch of cooperation among people. The purpose of this meeting and the release of its results is therefore to give continuity to the debate concerning the issues of the Charter of Milan (2015) and to involve the European and World scientific community.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Geoprogress Onlus invites researchers, officials and every other expert and decision-maker to participate in the workshop and, possibly, also contribute with a paper .
The papers should integrate the introductory reports on food geography and food policies, highlighting results of case studies or examining in depth specific topics and issues related to food security and/or safety, such as: Climate change, soil erosion and other change in natural conditions of agro-food production; Geopolitics; Management of natural resources and of agriculture; Water geography and perspectives; Aquaculture; Structure and tendencies of the food world markets; Role of State debts, banking and microcredit; Land grabbing; International trade and its regulation; Environmental policy and rules; Education; Poverty and its geography; Poverty, natural environment and agricultural productivity; Role of food aid; Social protection and its impacts; Tourism development; Human migration and changes in food styles and needs.
Every paper will be proposed for publication to the GeoProgress Journal. So every paper, as well as intervention and report, has to be edited according the norms and format (Style Guidelines…) you find in www.geoprogress.eu/publications, and will be submitted to peer review.
Summary of every paper must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by mid March 2016
Deadline for the full paper is mid April 2016.
How to submit a paper
A short abstract (max 200 words) should be sent by February 10th (new extended deadline) to email@example.com
Authors whose proposals are accepted will be notified by the Executive Committee of the GGF
The deadline of full paper submission is mid April 2016
Full papers that will be pass the peer-review process will be published on GeoProgress International Journal (on line journal).
Responsible of the GGF: Francesco Adamo, Prof. Emer. of Economic Geography, President of Geoprogress Onlus
Steering Committee of the GGF: Bjorn Asheim (Norway and Sweden), Huseyn Bagci,(Turkey), Vincente Bielza de Ory (Spain), Vladimir Kolossov (Russia), Sergio Conti (Italy), Elena Dell’Agnese (Italy), Labadi Fadwa (Palestine), Claudio Minca (Nederlands), Julian V. Minghi (USA), Maria Paradiso (Italy), Petros Petsimeris (France), Stephane Rosiere (France), Christian Vandermotten (Belgium), Peter Wiltshier (United Kingdom).
Scientific Committee of the GGF 2016 : Ana Maria Viegas Firmino (Chair, IGU Commission on the Sustainability of Rural Systems), Maria Paradiso (University of Sannio , Chair , Italian National Committee in I.G.U.), Maria Sassi, (University of Pavia, Agrifood Economics) , Fernando Brito Soares (University of Lisboa, Agricultural Economics), Franco Sotte (Politechnic University of Marche; Agricultural Economics and Policy), Andrea Stocchiero, (FOCSIV).
Executive Committee of the GGF 2016 : Maria G. Lucia (University of Torino), Coordinator, Marco Giardino (University of Torino), Piercarlo Rossi (University of Eastern Piemonte), Francesca Silvia Rota (IRES Piemonte), Angioletta Voghera (Polytechnic of Torino)
Secretariat of the GGF 2016 : Luca Rizzo, Ludovica Alessio, Luisa Mantobbio, Caterina Zadra,
– firstname.lastname@example.org, +39 335 12 43 112 , +39 0321 375337; Cateria Zadra + 39 3345759695, 0321 1815469., email@example.com
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
14:00 – 14:30 Registration of participants
14:30 – 18:30 CONFERENCE on “Food, geography and food security policies”
Chairman: Francesco Adamo, President of Geoprogress (Onlus)
Opening Greetings :
Gianmaria Ajani, Rector of University of Torino
Piero Fassino, Mayor of the City of Torino
Reports and Keynotes
Geography, policies and perspectives of food security
- Ana Maria Viegas Firmino, Chair, IGU Commission on the Sustainability of Rural Systems
- Maria Sassi, Agricultural Economist, University of Pavia (Italy)
Institutional visions, actions and proposals for food security.
– Keynote of Kanayo F. Nwanze, President of IFAD
– FAO’s outlook and actions for hunger zero, Lorenzo Bellù , FAO representative
– EU’s outlook and actions for food safety and security , Simona Bonafè, European Parliament member (tbc)
NGO’s perspectives and policy proposals:
– Keynote of Andrea Stocchiero, FOCSIV (Federation of Christian NGO)
Interventions planned , questions and free interventions on the introductory keynotes.
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
09 : 00 – 10: 00 Chairwoman: Maria Giuseppina Lucia, University of Torino
– The environmental issue in China: norms and enforcement after COP-21, Mariagrazia Semprebon, Legal Consultant
– Organic food in China: the law behind lüse shipin and youji shipin,, Riccardo Berti, Lawyer
– The abandonment of agricultural land in Italy – Italian measures to contrast the phenomenon – The example of the regional legislation on the so-called “land banks”, Giuliana Strambi , Institute of International and Comparative Agricultural Law – NRC
– Climate change vulnerability, water resources access and food security in Oromia and in Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Ethiopia, Alessandro Pezzoli, Carolin Canessa , Chiara Brunisso, Elisa Bignante, Agnese Natale, Angela Calvo, Elena Belcore, Andrea Bessone*. University and Polytechnic of Torino, *LVIA.
– Hydrogeomorphological processes and gully development: examples from the Ethiopian Rift Valley and central highlands, Paolo Billi, University of Ferrara
10:00 – 11: 00 Chairman: Etienne Piquet, Université de Neuchâtel
– Effectiveness of weather index insurance for smallholders in Ethiopia,Federica Di Marcantonio*, Antoine Leblois**, Wolfgang Göbel* and Hervè Kerdiles**, JRC-EC and INRA**
– Land grabbing: geopolitics and new colonialism, Paolo Sellari, University of Roma “La Sapienza”
– Food, Feed and Fuel. Geography of productions and market consequence, Vittorio Amato, University of Napoli “Federico II”.
– Food security, Migration and Environmental change: what do we know about their relations?, Etienne PIGUET, University of Neuchâtel
11:00 Coffee break
11:15- 12: 45 WORKSHOP ON “ Food and Local Development Issues”
Chairman: Egidio Dansero, University of Torino
– Ilaria Dioli
– Paolo Rizzi and Paola Graziano
– Marco Giardino, Luigi Perotti, Rossella Vigna
– Francesca S. Rota, IRES Piemonte
– Luca Simone Rizzo
– Egidio Dansero, Giacomo Pettenati, Alessia Toldo
12: 45 Hypotheses for next GGF Francesco Adamo, Vittorio Amato, Sergio Conti, Egidio Dansero, Maria G. Lucia
THIS EDITION OF THE GEOPROGRESS GLOBAL FORUM IS ORGANISED
with a financial contribution of the
with the collaboration of the
under the patronage of
and with the support of the excellent drinks and foods of
GUIDO GOBINO e M**BUN
REGISTRATION FORM AND FEE, FOR THE MEETING
Deadline to send registration form and fee is the end of March 2016, but all who wish to attend the workshop, including experts representing the organizations invited to attend, are encouraged to send their completed application form, to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
The registration fee is € 120,00 and includes:, social dinner and lunch, coffee break, organisation and publication of the papers approved by two referees. The fee must be paid within the due date, with
Bank transfer to Geoprogress (Novara, via Perrone 18) at Banca Prossima, Fil. 5000, Novara (Italy) c/c 16996 Abi 03359 Cab 01600 Cin ,
Code Iban: IT22V0335901600100000016996
Those who can not participate to the meeting but wish to contribute with a paper to the special number of the GeoProgress Journal do not have to pay the fee: they are invited to send a donation, even small, to support the activities of Geoprogress as no-profit organization.
To be sent to: email@example.com
|GeoProgress Global Forum on FOOD, GEOGRAPHY AND SECURITY POLICIESTorino (Italy), 3-4 May 2016 – Aula Magna, Rectorat of University of Torino|
Title ……. Country
e-mail address Telephone Mobile
Date and modality of payment of the registration fee. ………………….
I wish to speak in the debate: no yes
Possible theme of my speech:
I wish to send a written contribution: no yes
Title and summary of my paper
Geoprogress, Onlus , via Perrone 18 -28100 Novara